Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rice Crispy Fun. :)

My sister's baby shower is in just a few weeks and I get to make treats for it. I had the magnificent idea of making really cute monster cupcakes, because of this picture I found online:



It's super cute right? Well, it's a good thing I tried to practice my frosting techniques because I learned that I need to practice it more. I didn't want to go through the motions of making the cake just to practice decorating it, so I instead made Rice Crispy balls. :)




This is how some of my little monsters turned out......







They are super cute right? Hahaha....yes, you can laugh at them. As hinted at before, this was my first time decorating something as a monster. Don't worry Kimberly! I will practice more before your baby shower. :)



Anyways, I thought that making mini-cupcake-size rice crispy balls was super fun, and its really fun to eat them that way. So, I encourage you to try it, and maybe letting your own little monsters try decorating them.

My Rice Crsipy recipe is simple, I don't follow the "official" recipe, I just throw stuff in a pot. But here is what you will need.

Shopping List:

1 stick of butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows 
3/4 box of Rice Crispy cereal



Melt the marshmallows and butter in a pot and mix in the cereal when it is all melted. 


Mix well and pour out onto parchment paper or a very well greased pan. 


Use a mini cupcake pan and wrappers. If you don't want to make them mini sized (which is advisable because even then they take 2 bites) then make sure you still use something like a cupcake pan that will allow you to shape the treats better. Butter or crisco your hands up really good before using them to make your treats. 



Decorate them however you would like. I used a basic buttercream recipe and whatever candies I could find. :)


I also tried to make a dinosaur......


Hahaha....it's definitely the scariest one I have ever seen in my life. :)

Again, just play with it and have fun. I still really enjoyed the the result of my little experiment, even if they aren't perfect yet. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts