Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

For my most recent cake (I finished it just today) I had to put a basket weave all the way around it, cover it with royal icing flowers (5 of 7 different kinds of flowers) and have a color flow butterfly and bird on it. I figured since spring is right around the corner, I might aw well make this cake as springy as my heart desired. 









Ultimately, I really enjoyed making this cake. The flowers are a little excessive (but it was a requirement) and my basket weave is a little less than desirable. I have learned that I have very little patience for tedious tasks, like making a basket weave around an entire cake. That is something I really need to work on. :)

My favorite flowers were definitely the wild rose, daffodil, and pansy. I could not make a good daisy to save my life and I really didn't do the primrose well either. 

I did use my in-laws recipe for a chocolate sour cream cake. It was perfectly dense for decorating and it's super moist! I love it! One day when I have time, I will share the recipe with you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts