Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mario is born.....well kind of

Today in my class I made Mario, the star of my cake. I found this picture online: 




And I thought, "Sure, why wouldn't I be able to do that?"
So, I modeled my Mario after this one. I was really afraid that I wouldn't get it right, but I think he is close enough (and not the pinterest-close-enough-jokes, close enough). He is flatter than the Mario I modeled him after, but I haven't done this before and it was easier to let him squish half way down. 



Now, I just need to figure out how to stick him on my cake.....



I also made this little goomba guy. His eye is a little weird, but that's ok. I still think he is pretty cute. :)





2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I could never do anything like that. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! I have to say that I am impressed that it turned out so good too! I'm not bragging, but I was just so sure that it was not going to look good.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts