Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bottom Layer - Check!


First of all, I have to say "Holy Cow!" What a stressful, fun, tedious, and did I mention stressful, night it was. I stressed out about whether I could successfully make chocolate fondant or not; how I was going to fit an entire scene on a cake, taller in my head; Mario may be way too big for this cake and I may have to redo him. But, I do have to say, for my very first decorated-however-I-want-it fondant cake, I think it isn't too bad. :)


It will probably make more sense with the other tier on top (I sure hope it does). In Mario, there are levels that he goes to through pipes. In my mind, they are underground. So this layer is supposed to be a sneak peak at those layers. 



Well, it's not perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with it regardless. I am so close to getting done, that I almost want to stay up all night just to finish it..... almost....... :)


Now, I just have to get it to my classroom disaster free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts