Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wait, you mean I cooked something today?!

Hi everyone! I am so sorry that I haven't blogged in a little while, but life has been crazy. I have a sneaky suspicion that I will be blogging very little over the next few months. With the holiday season around the corner, though, hopefully I can squeeze in some posts of my family's favorites. :)

Today I made Lemon cupcakes filled with lemon curd topped with Meringue. YUM! I have been wanting to fill a cupcake with lemon meringue for a while, and finally decided I had put the homework down and  do it today. The meringue was Lyle's idea. He found a recipe on this website (the bake cakery) and I thought, "I can do that." :)




So, I dumbed it down because of my busy schedule. I made the cake from a lemon cake mix (easy right?), and made the lemon curd from Alton Brown's recipe (my all time favorite), and I used the recipe for marshmallow meringue frosting from the first link. The frosting is AMAZING and the cupcakes turned out wonderfully. It would probably taste better to make the cake from scratch, but if you are looking for an impressive treat that is fairly quick, give these a try. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts