Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In My Kitchen: (Spatulas and Spoons)

During my time in kitchens, any kitchen, I developed a love hate relationship with spatulas (rubber scrapers, or whatever you choose to call them). They are a great tool, but I have had many handles break, give me splinters, melt, etc. Plus, many of them have a dirty little secret. Have you ever had the rubber part slip off of the handle while you were stirring something and been disgusted by the sludge that was inside of the spatula? I don't have any pictures, but you know what I mean right?

I have thrown away my share of doughs, batters, and spatulas, because of that little nasty trap. The last time it happened was over a year ago and I vowed I would find something that would never let that happen again.

I am proud to tell you, that I found it! I have had this amazing spatula for a year now, and I adore it. It is completely covered in silicon, so the handle can't come off and the inside structure is so sturdy, no amount of stirring has been able to bend it! There is no hate for this spatula at all. 






This spatula has been absolutely perfect for that entire year. The little knick that you see it in was caused literally 1 week ago in a freak knife-in-the-sink-ate-a-chunk-of-my-spatula accident. Despite the little knick, it still works amazingly and probably will for a while. 

Before this accident, I also realized something shocking, I only had one rubber spatula! What?! I only had 1 rubber spatula?! Well, with the favorite child of spatulas injured, I decided it was time to grow our little spatula family. It's a good excuse, right? 

Here they are! Please excuse the little bit of dust that is on some of the spatulas. I just unpacked them and was so excited to take pictures of them, that I haven't even washed them yet. 



Ok, you caught me, there are some spoons in this mix too. How could I resist? Look at those fun colors.








Am I little crazy for being so excited about spatulas? Possibly. But the next time you are in the market for a rubber spatula or a stirring spoon, I highly recommend that you get something similar to these. They are definitely some of my favorite kitchen utensils. 

(Just as a side note, I'm not being paid by anyone to review these spatulas and I am making no guarantees as to the performance of this product in your kitchen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts